5. Journal of the House of Representatives of the Twelfth General Assembly of the State of Illinois
7. The Kansas Network to Freedom and the Missouri/Kansas Border War Network
8. John Brown and the Legend of '56. By James Claude Malin. America Philosophical Society, Philadelphia, 1942.
10. History of Kansas. By Noble L. Prentis. E.P.Greer, Winfield, KS; 1899. p.64
1. Westport Landing River Park on the Missouri River, near the end of Grand Ave, north of the Sprint Center and the Power & Light District, Kansas City, MO
5. Old Depot Museum, 135 West Tecumseh, Ottawa, KS
6. Lecompton's Constitution Hall, Lecompton, KS.
9. Bates County Museum, 802 Elks Drive, Butler, MO
10. Order No. 11 Marker Memorial, Bates County Courthouse Lawn, 1 North Delaware, Butler, MO.
Martin White Descendant Query“In every relation of life he (Col. Martin White) sustained an unimpeachable character for truth, justice and unswerving integrity.”