8. Missouri: Day by Day. By Floyd C. Shoemaker, Editor. Mo State Historical Society, 1942.
9. The Chouteau Family. By Beatrice Clark Turner.
10. Chouteau Genealogy
11. Creoles of St. Louis. By Paul Edmond Beckwith. Nixon-Jones Printing Co, St. Louis, 1893. Free e-book retrieved from Google Books. http://books.google.com/
12. 1810 Pierre Menard's letter to Pierre Chouteau of St. Louis, MO.
13. Pearl Street.
14. Findagrave #50822410
Places to Visit in MO. and KS:
2. Conjunction of the Mississippi River and the Missouri River.
3. Conjunction of the Missouri River and the Kansas River.
6. Chouteau Greenway, N. 38th Street to N. 43rd St, KCMO
7. Look around behind the building for the Chouteau Society marker at Pennsylvania and Westport Road, Kansas City, MO. It is enclosed within black iron fencing.
8. Chouteau Park, N. 46th Street and Chouteau Trafficway, KCMO.
9. Marais des Cygnes River
10. Vernon County Historical Museum, 212 West Walnut Street, Nevada
11. Chouteau's Island Marker, US-50, one mile west of Lakin, Kearny Co, KS.
12 Calvary Cemetery, 5239 West Florissant Ave, St. Louis.
13. Lewis & Clark Museum (on the Missouri River), St. Charles, MO. (see General William Clark's family tree chart).