|Miss Mary Jane Truman|
|Solomon Young's Home, Grandview, MO.|
More to Read:
1. Harry S. Truman: Missouri Farm Boy. By Wilma J. Hudson. 1973.
2. History of Grandview, Missouri: 1844-1994. Grandview Historical Society, 1995.
3. "History of Grandview." City Hall, City of Grandview, MO.
4. Jackson County Pioneers. By Pearl Wilcox. 1975.
5. Mr. President. The First Publication from the Personal Diaries, Private Letters Papers, and Revealing Interviews of Harry S. Truman. By William Hillman. 1952.
6. “Harry Truman: The Millionaire Next Door” By Brian Burnes. The Kansas City Star Magazine, Kansas City, MO.; January 15, 2012. PP. 6-13.
7. Truman’s Grandview Farm. By Jon Taylor. 2011.
8. Missouri Roadsides: The Traveler's Companion. By Bill Earngey. University of MO Press, 1995.
9. Childhoods of the American Presidents. By William O. Foss. McFarland & Co, 2005.
10. "Truman and the Trails" Niel M. Johnson. Overland Journal, Vol. 5, Number 2, 1988. Pp. 25-29 (photo of Solomon Young included in article)
11. Some Truman Photos here
12. Sister-in-law, Bess Truman's biography.
13. This article gives names of Miss Mary's girlfriends. See if you can find them.
14. Findagrave #6137032
Places to Visit in MO.:
1. Former Truman Homes (private residences), on Chrysler St. & at 909 W. Waldo Ave., Independence.
2. Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, Independence
3. Historical marker at Truman (former name: Corners) Marketplace Shopping Center, between 71/49 Hwy and Blue Ridge Blvd, Grandview
4. Church of God, 8th & Goode, Grandview
5. First Baptist Church Historic Room, 15th and Main St., Grandview (by appointment only)
6. Solomon Young's home, 12301 Blue Ridge Blvd, Grandview. Truman Farm Home, cell phone tour = 585-672-2611.
7. Annual Truman Heritage Festival, Grandview (parade, craft/food vendors, BBQ contest, etc.)
8. Greater Kansas City History Day
Update: The National Archives holds the Presidential Secretary's Files from the Truman Administration (1945-1960). Among those papers is his diary he kept while in office.