Daniel Boone (1734-1820) = Colonel. Surveyor. Explorer. Sixth child born to Squire and Sarah Morgan Boone in Pennsylvania on November 2, 1734. His grandparents, George and Mary Boone, were English Quakers who settled near Exeter. The Quakers were great friends with the Native Americans in that vicinity. One time his grandfather invited a Moravian missionary to preach at his home and several Delaware Indians were converted to Christianity.
3. The Lincoln, Hanks & Boone Families. By H. E. Robinson. 1906.
4. Morgan and Strode Genealogy. By Jim White.
12. Chronology of Daniel Boone.
13. Early Settlers List on Ft. Boonesborough Monument
14. Fort Boonesborough's Living History Teacher's Resource Website
15. Missouri: Day by Day. By Floyd C. Shoemaker, Editor. Mo State Historical Society, 1942.
16. Daniel Boone and the Hunters of Kentucky. By W. H. Bogart. 1854.
17. St. Louis, MO. sources for Boone information
18. Boone/Scholl Story in Clark County, Kentucky
19. Findagrave # 109 and #5339.
Places to Visit in MO and KS.
1. Daniel Boone's statue, Main St, St. Charles, MO.
2. DAR markers, on Main St, St. Charles, MO.
1.Daniel Morgan Boone
2. Daniel Morgan Boone on Find-A-Grave # 6223
3. Daniel Morgan Boone
4. Kenneth Military Road, (parts of it still exist in Johnson County, KS). Daniel Morgan Boone helped blaze the Military Road from Ft. Leavenworth to Ft. Scott.
5. Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site, 7860 N. State Hwy V, Ash Grove, MO
6. Capt. Samuel Boone was a great-great nephew of Daniel's. He and several other family members are buried in the Mt. Tabor Methodist Church Cemetery, south of Odessa, MO.
7. Elder Ira Boone, Samuel's brother, was ordained in the historic Pleasant Grove Primitive Baptist Church, 18400 E. Rd. Mize Road, Independence, MO.
8. Septimus Scholl Letters
9. Edgar Watts of Dallas/Watts Mill area of Kansas City, MO. marries Flora Boone, great-great granddaughter of Daniel Boone in 1923. See the Watts Mill Markers, 103rd Street (south side), between State Line & Wornall Roads, Kansas City, MO.
10. Col. Upton Hays married a descendant of Daniel Boone -- Watts Hay Letters.
11. Bushwhacker Museum, 212 West Walnut Street, Nevada, MO (see quilt top made by a Boone descendant)
12. Price-Loyles House, 718 Spring St, Weston, MO
All the religion I have is to love and fear God, do all the good to my neighbors and myself that I can, and do as little harm as I can help, and trust on God's mercy for the rest.