Monday, January 11, 2010

Faith Heritage Scrapbook Journal

I would like to eventually compile a heritage scrapbook of Christians I admire from Missouri and Kansas history and journal their life in a short one or two paragraph biography such as I've compiled in this blog (Hey homeschoolers, similar biographies of your child's heroes would be appropriate for lap book projects!). Although my church doesn't celebrate All Saints Day as a holiday, in my opinion, we should recognize heroes in the faith who have gone on before us as they may inspire us by their love for the Lord. It could be my own personal celebration of that day which falls on the first of November, like Foxe's Book of Martyrs!
 
As it is written in Psalm 78: 4 and 7, "we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. . . then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds" and Romans 15:4 says: "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."
 
If you would like to see what I mean, here's a sample of an art journal page using a stencil of Lincoln: Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. ~ Ephesians 1:15-17.